OUR COFFEE & TEA
We serve ORIGIN COFFEE, freshly roasted to order in Helston, Cornwall.
Origin trade directly with coffee farmers, to provide traceable, sustainable speciality coffee, and guarantee farmers, workers and the environment a fair deal.
Each year they visit coffee growing communities themselves, to build direct and cement relationships with farms they want to buy from; farms that are not only producing to notch beans, but are also investing in their workers and their families.
Some have built schools for their workers' children, while another has built a bakery for their employee's wives to bake bread and sell it at the market, keeping their own profits.
Last year Origin invested in the worlds first environmentally friendly coffee roaster, and spend a long time perfecting the roasting of the beans, to bring out their natural flavours and sweetness.
The resulting coffee is really outstanding, as we hope you'll agree when you try our range, from Espresso to Flat White to Mocha!
We also sell bags of Origin coffee beans in our Shop [coming soon] for you to continue enjoying at home.
Our tea is loose-leaf TREGOTHNAN TEA, the only tea that is grown in England!
Inspired by the Boscawen family's tradition of growing rare plants, and the unique micro climate of the Fal estuary, near Falmouth, Cornwall, Tregothnan began supplying England's first and only tea in 2005, and continue to innovate and expand their range.
- Classic Tea: Blend of rare Tregothnan leaves with the finest Assam.
- Afternoon Tea: Best served black around 3pm (with our Cornish Cream Tea!), this blends Tregothnan and Darjeeling tea.
- Earl Grey: Direct descendants of Earl Grey, the Boscawen family have infused their tea with Citrus bergamia oil, to create an invigorating tea.
- Green Tea: Rich in health benefits, Tregothnan leaves are blended with Chinese green tea.
- Herbal: Caffeine-free infusions:
- Manuka: Tregothnan have been growing Manuka since the 1880s, and today they are the only producer growing Manuka outisde its native New Zealand. A sweet, spicy and floral infusion.
- Camomile: Soothing and calming, a medicinal cure-all.
- Peppermint: Bursting with freshness, Tregothnan use pure whole leaves for a really refreshing and cooling drink.
- Echinacea: A powerful immune-booster and relaxant.
We sell caddies of Tregothnan loose leaf tea, and boxes of Tregothnan tea bags, in our Shop [coming soon], as well as Tregothnan's unique Kea Plum jam and shortbreads.
See our drinks menu for our other delicious drinks, including a range of Hot Chocolates and Chai Lattes, fresh, organic Cornish juices, and our Organic Super Smoothies!